Displaying units in feet and inches rather than inches

RollingStone

I haven't figured this out even after using this software for months.  I'd like all dialogue boxes to display measurements in feet and inches rather than inches.  I can't do the conversion in my head and am constantly using a side calculator to figure if 196" is 16' 4", etc.

Hopefully this is an easy menu item/default someplace in the myriad of options and menu items.

Thanks

In Home Designer Pro the only option is via "Edit - Default Settings - Dimensions - Format - Units" where you can globally change the way dimensions display, take a look at that dialog and practice changing the "unit" dropdown. In Chief Permier you can change the format defaults or a for a single dimension string but in Pro it is only via Default Settings.

DJP

• 7 years later...

Well this is the forum for Home Designer software and not Chief Architect Premier, never the less, I looked in my X15 and it is where it has been for many, many versions:

Edit - Default Settings - Dimensions - Primary Format, where you can change the displayed units as you wish (decimal, inches only, feet and inches, etc.), you can choose under Secondary Format to also display metric dimension units along with Imperial, take a look, again, please.

DJP