Redoing a design - suggestions on order of build

RollingStone

I'm redoing a design from scratch and want to get seasoned user opinions on the best order of entering a new design.  I had  a ton of trouble on the first go through with terrain so I'm thinking of starting with that.  Also, on my first design, all of the outdoor items (AC units, etc.) where part of the second floor plan which was obviously weird.  The house is on a flat lot but we are planning a forced walk-out with several tiers (see attached).

post-3468-0-22373500-1448639949_thumb.jpg

You should always start with the first floor, then the second floor, if any. Then get the roof system on the structure. When the house is complete, only then would you then start the terrain plane and working out the walk-out basement. The terrain plane was added (1998 0r 1999) as an option after the software had been on the market for several years so it is always added after the structure is in place and is set to the structure (see "building pad" input for Z-axis adjustments of the terrain plane). It took me  an entire year to fully learn the software and get certain results and I was using it every day to support my family as a remodeling designer-sales person. I know most persons here are not "Pros" but there is no reason to do anything as an "amatuer" even if you are one.

DJP