Use a Mouse with Programmable Buttons

solver

One of my early frustrations with the software was having to tap the spacebar to exit from whatever mode I was in. So much can be done with the mouse only.

I upgraded to a mouse with programmable buttons and set one to send a spacebar keystroke. Problem solved.

For years I suffered from carpel-tunnel,  so I switched to a track ball. Just last year I wore out my expensive track ball and so I tried a mouse again and my carpel tunnel vanished. I now use a two-button wheel mouse by Logitec which serves me well. People are different in terms of their affinities. I spend so much time on a PC that being comfortable is the most important consideration.

DJP

• 5 years later...

Hi all, I am coming over from Sketchup where I was able to use my mouse buttons to move around the screen very easily. I just purchased HD pro 2021 and I am using a MAC version. I have a logitech mouse. how am I able to get this mouse to work where I can use the middle button to pan. keep in mind the middle button is not the mouse wheel button. the ouse wheel button changes the type of scrolling.

• 3 months later...

Hi.

After suffering a hand injurie I can only use a Vertical Mouse.

I tried a few and I found this one that works very well for me (big hands).

Evoluent Vertical 4 Ergonomi

It has 6 buttons and you can reprogram each one to fit your needs.

They even have it for left handed users.

https://evoluent.com/