Constraining dimensions

apex944

How can I "lock" certain dimensions so that further edits don't move wall and rooms sizes on me?

I'm sure this is a common question but I assure you that I did search using multiple keywords... no luck however.

I really was hoping that someone else would respond. The reason for that is a simple fact: New users ask the question you have asked, I mean we all have had that thought, until we really learn the software and then when that occurs, things that bugged us when we were new no longer bugged us, we just use the software and move on. People have been asking for this "feature" here on "Home Talk" and at "Chief Talk" for many years. This consideration goes away once a person gets comfortable with his certainty of how to use the software.

Telling someone that their ideas and concerns are nothing to worry about is an unpleasant thing to say to anyone, anywhere but is in fact, the truth. Once you learn how to control and guide the software you just then do so. It takes time to develop that skill. I assure you if the makers of the software really thought that being able to lock objects in place was a good idea, they would have done it long ago.

BTW welcome to our user forum.

DJP

Thank for the replies.   I'm a regular user of CAD and 3D design apps so this software is largely intuitive.  Having said that, yes I am new to CA.

I understand what you are saying David.  Perhaps you could point me to the section of the docs or a video where the order of operations are defined or where conditional operations are discussed.

Thank you.