Any Pros on tonight that might help with a project?

Hammer7

you have been PLAYING a lot :) in this plan with just about every setting available  :)  .....lots  to do and a lot of work with Auto Roofs off.

so to get you started : 

do all the rooms on level 1  have the same ceiling height and floor height ?  they don't in the plan ..

neither do the Rooms on the 2nd floor , the room you asked about is at levels all its own...

If you want rooms in your Attic , you can't do it in HD Pro Attic level , it wont allow rooms to be made , you need to do that on a 3rd floor, but other issues 1st

in the room in question you also need to set the walls to have Default top and bottom ,

you have tried altering them in a 3d view and they are now messed up

likewise the front wall of the level one bathroom

your bay window has a roof issue too

You should of done the roof on Auto 1st I think , then done manual if/as needed , it will be more work to fix things now I think.

not sure why you are using soffits for corner boards since you have the cornerboard tool.

night

He sure does....

Forgot to mention in post above you need to reshape the roof over the existing porch so the walls  of the bathroom above the porch will "grow back down to the roof after your set them back to "default top and bottom"

and you have fix the walls again below too , ie the front door wall is poking up through the roof causing issues too but you'll need to do it manually as the floor ceilings there are all screwed up. ( cant use defaults for that one)

the LH side wall of that bathroom has a hidden attic wall under it causing issues too, pull the wall back and delete the attic wall.

you need to fix all your fllor heights etc 1st or you may end up doing 1/2 of this twice , going around and around in circles

post-25-0-32665400-1432784910_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-30845800-1432784918_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-24767500-1432784928_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-39584300-1432784943_thumb.jpg

Listen, this reminds me on my first attempt in Chief after 20 years with AutoCAD.

Don't take me wrong, but this is a mess. After I did many similar stuff in the beginning, let me give you a friendly advice - don't try to fix this plan, it's less work to start all over again.

But first you must get familiar with how this software works, and with basic concepts.

I will not start with endless count of mistakes, but ...  you just have to start over.

Chief works really good, if you spend some time on settings first, and do that part wright. Pay special attention to Wall Structure Settings - when you really understand that part, it will go much easier.

David Michael's site chieftutor.com is excellent point to start, also, dshall's YouTube channel, but after you go through first one.

Also, official Chief Architect support video's are good learning source, but if you go from start and not skip any...

Maybe you should start with watching Dan Baumann's  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIPzVulvG8, watch entrie set of videos, and then start all over. These 7-8 short video's will give you a perfect overview and ideas how to start.

When you start all over again, just do it like you are on construction site, and just use logic - how will you really build it in a real world.

Most important is to set your ceiling heights for entire floor, and not to mess with it - when you finish all floors, if you need to change something, first look how to do it on YouTube - Google for platforms and split level.

-This cross section is a real headache. I just can't figure out what you did.

Also, it would be a good idea to align the walls, and close them properly.

This stairway problem is not really clear - is that a mistake, or stairwell makes this strange corner at left angle...

Good luck :), and keep in mind that Chief cannot read yours.

post-1112-0-44625300-1432842180_thumb.jpg