Use to estimate Basement Remodel Costs

DougKasper

Hi I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share good techniques for using Home Designer Pro to estimate material costs.

Mainly for a basement remodel where some wall are existing. 

I have created different wall types one for existing and one for new so on my floor plan I can see the difference, but how do i see the difference in the materials list?

I can find the place to set pricing for the materials of the wall, such as drywall, etc but not how to set the price for the lumber 2x6, 2x4 etc.   Where do I set those prices and would there be a way to set the existing wall to 0 cost, and only have a cost on the new wall? 

Thanks for an insight.

Always say the version along with the title -- Pro 2024 for example as the software changes over time and for some questions, answers are version dependent.

It's a bit of work and maybe for a small project, not worth the effort.

1 hour ago, DougKasper said:

I have created different wall types one for existing and one for new so on my floor plan I can see the difference, but how do i see the difference in the materials list?

Materials have a Materials List panel where you can set them to not report to the materials list.

Walls need to be modified to use these materials and Framing needs to be unchecked so it's not reported.

1 hour ago, DougKasper said:

but not how to set the price for the lumber 2x6, 2x4 etc.   Where do I set those prices

I imagine that's all described in Help.