Gable Roof Problem

btushaus

Go to solution Solved by Jo_Ann,

I am a newer user to Home Designer and I am using Architectural 2025.  I am having trouble getting a gabled roof to work correctly and I have searched the KB and this forum and can't find my answer.  The attached image show what I am trying to do and my problem.  The gable that is coming up from the setback garage portion should meet at a peak the gabled roof coming from the other direction.  I have the roof option for the front garage wall set to "Full Gable Wall" and the setback garage wall set to "Dutch Gable Wall".  But, again, I have not been able to determine how to complete the gable where it naturally meets at the peak.  I would very much appreciate any guidance anyone could provide.  Thank you.

GabledRoofProblem.jpg

@btushaus I looked at your plan and I don't think you can get the roof to build in HDA without being able to manually edit the roof planes. Someone else may know a way but it looks like Home Designer Pro would be needed. You could try and get someone with HDP or Chief Premier to fix the roof and send the plan back to you. 

Jo_Ann, yes, that is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.  I did post the plan in my second post above after solver suggested it...if that helps at all.  Thank you so much for taking a look at this.

@btushaus After @Jo_Ann posted I had to try again. I got the front, but the back gets close with a hip on the end. If I change it to a Gable, it makes brings back the strange looking gable wall. Maybe Jo-Ann can figure out the back with the rest of the plan.

Capture.thumb.PNG.982c7341ff9d1062378f1d70397c2dca.PNG

1660061407_Capture1.thumb.PNG.6cdc94eadf43061bd2c63ed5252d931a.PNG

179088687_Capture2.thumb.PNG.300e2b1f12af1f75c879d6ce3ec60bd1.PNG

There have been no pics posted of what the back roof is supposed to look like.
Based on the more complete floor plan that Garybills posted, I created this.
Of course I have no idea what the roof pitches are, so it is still all a big guessing game.

image.thumb.png.a25d30d08653101a2217379ac77190c6.png            image.thumb.png.e837a860edeb2ecedb5a93c6cef9d0e7.png

• Upvote 1