Anybody using the new HDP2025 Space Planning Boxes ?

mthd97

Hi, just enquiring if anybody has started using the new space planning boxes in HDP2025 ?
Or have you been testing them out, if so how do you find them to perform ? I have had a quick try and they seem to be quite good and more useful than the older version.

6 hours ago, mthd97 said:

Hi, just enquiring if anybody has started using the new space planning boxes in HDP2025 ?
Or have you been testing them out, if so how do you find them to perform ? I have had a quick try and they seem to be quite good and more useful than the older version.

If you really get used to them they are faster than just drawing with walls 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 8:24 PM, Renerabbitt said:

If you really get used to them they are faster than just drawing with walls 

Yes I can see the potential and have set out a house just using them. A bit trickier when the external walls are wider than the internal walls but very much improved. 

On 7/4/2024 at 8:22 PM, mthd97 said:

Yes I can see the potential and have set out a house just using them. A bit trickier when the external walls are wider than the internal walls but very much improved. 

what do you mean tricky? maybe i can help you out. Typically exterior walls will be a thicker assembly than interior walls

8 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

what do you mean tricky? maybe i can help you out. Typically exterior walls will be a thicker assembly than interior walls

Dragging and dropping the room box into the exact position. I just need a bit more practice with the new system and I will be ok. Well done to Chief Architect for improving this feature for space planning in Home Designer as well. A great tool that makes this software fast and easy to use for quick home design.

Edited: I think I needed to watch the snap indicators a bit closer to get my boxes sitting in the right positions.