Textures are not displaying properly

bsheen

I can not figure out why HD pro2021 will not display the textures correctly or at all. All the trim is black, floor is black and siding is black. Only exception is when I set the camera to the outside of the house, and zoom in, when I get close to the siding it will diplay a portion of it correctly, but then turns black again. As for the inside of the house you see the trim and floors are black with a strange pixelation. I inserted a table saw to see if it displayed properly and it does. This is a new laptop. Its a basic laptop, that I plan to use with my CNC machine and thought I'd use it to redesign my shop space. I've been using HD programs for several years for my remodeling business on other systems with no issues. I appreciate any help.

Brian

Here are the specs for the laptop.

HP Intel i3

8 gig ram

Intel UHD graphics

DirectX 12 Color shading- 6.6

Screenshot 2024-01-13 174123.png

Everything has been updated. That was my initial thought as well. Unless there is a different way to update it manually? I just ran the updater through the device manager, and it came back saying I had the latest driver already.

Interesting....I just opened my project and opened the camera and the floor now has the appropriate concrete texture applied. However, anything that is supposed to be wood is now black with the funny pixeled look.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 112119.png

yes open item

Click on material tab

click on particular material and hit select you have issues with (some items have more then one material)

then on right side hit PLAN Materials

then on right side next to search bar hit EDIT.

Then go in and edit it as you deam works for you.

PATTERN tab sets how it looks in vector views

TEXTURE tab sets how it looks in standard but effects Physical based views too.

The above 2 are where you can change using a picture from internet on how an object looks. Where I make and dd to my libary my own tile based on Home depot picturs of large tile areas.

PLay with that too to see what works best for yo.

Then you have PROPERTIES tab which is how light reacts to surface - Fun to play with as well.

Maybe for your material the picture changed in the TEXTURE tab??

Changing the materials doesn't change in the standard view. Vector view looks as I would think it should. Colors all match up. If you look at this zoomed in view of this door way, you can see that some of it looks like pine, then other portions look black or pixelized. The further you zoom out it goes all black. All of the cabinets you can see in the background should be the default craftsmen cabinets found in the arts/crafts template.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 111300.png

Just tried a new project using the traditional template. The outside of the house siding is black. No siding texture. The roof seems to look ok. As I zoom inside the house the floor looks as it should and the trim is just basic white. White cabinets are fine. Countertops are not right as is this wooden bench.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 113750.png

I haven't tried opening the project on my main design pc. I'll give that a shot. By all accounts that I can tell this laptop meets the minimums, buy it is just an Intel graphics card.

per home designer website:  System Requirements | Home Designer (homedesignersoftware.com)

Minimum Graphic Card:

Video card2

4 GB of RAM

DirectX 123

2 Supported video cards include (1) dedicated video cards such as NVIDIA GeForce RTX (2) Intel integrated graphics on 6th generation or newer Intel processors (i3/i5/i7).

3 DirectX 12 requires Shader Model 6.0 or newer. Learn how to identify the shader model of your graphics card.

Recommended Graphic Card:

Desktops:

8 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 / AMD Radeon RX 6800

Laptops:

Minimum 15" screen

8 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 / AMD Radeon RX 6800M