Home Designer Pro 2021 Ceiling Plane Problem

redraz

Seeking help with manually added ceiling planes for an attic space (no I do not have them as "attic" in the program) - I cannot figure out where I have gone wrong -

1. I have sections of ceiling going through the roof for some reason, when I try to correct, the handles aren't there to move or adjust them.

2. The next issue is a portion of one of the plane is showing as black on the physically based camera - but only a portion of it.

3. I cannot get the ceiling to connect over the tub area - the walls here actually fan out to meet each other, I just need to create a similar look for the renovation.

***perimeter walls are 60" with the exception of the wall with the entry door, ceilings are 99.5" at flat portion and the area over the tub which is 71"

***video card is good

Ceiling1.png

Ceiling2.png

Untitled1.zip

26 minutes ago, solver said:

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for your fixes here! I would love to know how to fix the gaps in the ceiling that you pointed out as well. I have also attached a photo of the area over the tub that I was (unsuccessfully) trying to replicate for reference.

Again, thank you so much!

IMG_1573.jpg

47 minutes ago, redraz said:

I would love to know how to fix the gaps in the ceiling that you pointed out as well.

The ceiling in the alcove seems to be sloped in your image, but you have drawn it as flat in your model. With a sloped ceiling, it will join with the other ceiling planes and eliminate the gap.

12 minutes ago, redraz said:

but I keep getting this error

Watch what roof edge I select when joining -- you need to select the 2 edges, not just the 2 roof planes.