Completely breaking a line and cutting circle into quarters

eganders

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Maybe I am missing something, but Page 101 of the Architectural manual describes how to create a partial line break, but although saying a complete break can be done, does not describe the process.  How do you create a complete break in an object?

Can I break a circle into quarters?  How would I do that.  There is no break tool for a circle.  That is what I would think I would use to create 4 quarter circles.

A "Break" is a "Break" but with "Object Snaps" "ON" it just takes one line and divides it into two lines. If you then want to remove a segment then you make a second break so as to isolate that line entity.

Then turn "ON" "Edit Poly-Line Parts"; with that tool mode active, you can then move, copy or delete the isolated line entity from the others as you wish. When done turn off "Edit Poly-Line Parts" mode.

DJP

• Solution

I think you are referring to the Break line Tool right? this isn't well documented but if you click the icon once you get the default action you are seeing ,ie you now have two sections and the line can be moved from the "break point" but still be attached.....however if you DOUBLE CLICK the icon it should give you a complete break in the line ,though I find it somewhat finicky.

As to breaking a circle into quarters , not sure it can be done but you can draw 90 deg. Arcs with the CAD tools or the Circular Walls Tool.

M.

The double click method works in Architectural.  Architectural does not have the "Edit Behaviors"/"Edit Object Parts".  (I guess that the newer versions have renamed the "edit Poly-line Parts"I kept the Chief Architect Premier 6 trial copy on my computer to be able to see what the most advanced features are and to understand what I have and don't have.  I think it is great that you can have an example of the premier product for reference always available to see if it would make sense to upgrade to the features it has.