Ceiling panels over loft disappear

MandCHouse

I have a great room and am trying to add a kitchen in the corner with a loft above.  There are manually drawn roof and ceiling panels above where the loft/kitchen will go to support creation of roof trusses.  The second floor above the great is "open below".  There are gables coming into the great room from the front and back.  Whatever I do to create the kitchen and loft, I lose the ceiling above it.  No matter what I do, I can't see to get the ceiling panels to continue from the great room over the loft area.  I suspect I'm missing one of those basic things that cause you to slap your head when someone points it out to you.  Could someone please provide me the head slapper?

The file included has a room divider wall on the second floor, in the great room to show where I want the loft with the kitchen below it.  Note the the ceiling panels above the loft have disappeared and I can't seem to get them back.

P.S. Other issues I struggle with if you can help, 1). the mulled window where the kitchen would go, doesn't seem to want to "mull" right.  2) I can't seem to get the walls of the office/exercise room right. They are either exterior on interior or interior on exterior.  3). I can't seem to get the front or back gable to have a wall on the outward facing part.Barndo 80 x 40 V3.0-Safe Room.planBarndo 80 x 40 V3.0-Safe Room.plan

Using Home Designer Pro, V25.3.0.77 on a Mac

3 hours ago, MandCHouse said:

The file included has a room divider wall on the second floor, in the great room to show where I want the loft with the kitchen below it.  Note the the ceiling panels above the loft have disappeared and I can't seem to get them back.

I'm assuming ceiling panels should be ceiling planes. I do not see a room divider on the 2nd floor, nor do I see a kitchen.

I see missing drywall where walls would be and it may be fixed with this setting.

It's helpful to attach a screen capture or 3 showing the various problems so we know what to look for.

ht1.thumb.png.266c622e017e058632abb31e5a68132f.png

Eric,

First, apologies for wasting your time as I uploaded the wrong file. The file I upload was the version before I start working on the loft.  Here is the version with the loft in place on the second floor with the kitchen below.  I have tried so many ways to try and do this that I confuse myself with versions.  I have also included JPEGs showing the issues I mentioned.  Just to refresh, the issues I have are: 

1). ceiling planes missing over the loft

2). the mulled window where the kitchen would go, doesn't seem to want to "mull" right.

3) I can't seem to get the walls of the office/exercise room right. They are either exterior on interior or interior on exterior.

4). I can't seem to get the front or back gables to have a wall on the outward facing part.

Also, my “Ceiling Planes” dialog box does not have the ‘Structure’ tab.  Assuming that’s because of version differences.  Finally, on the plan I uploaded, I had to remove the framing in order to keep the file below 14MB.  If you 'Build All Framing' you can see the issue I am having with the Gable front walls.

MulledWIndow.jpg

LoftCeiling.jpg

GableFrontWall.jpg

ExerciseRoomWall.jpg

Ceiling Plane Dialog.jpg

Barndo 80 x 40 V4.1-Loft.plan

2 hours ago, MandCHouse said:

ceiling planes missing over the loft

Try the setting I showed above.

the mulled window where the kitchen would go, doesn't seem to want to "mull" right.

Delete the problem windows and recreate.

I can't seem to get the front or back gables to have a wall on the outward facing part.

Various ways. Draw in a wall on level 2, make it an Attic wall. In an elevation, select the wall, you will see the wall outline (wall polyline). Place a break along the bottom. Grab the handle and drag up to form the correct shape.

I can't seem to get the walls of the office/exercise room right.

Check your wall types. Also read about Lower Wall Type When Split by Butting Roof.