Extending a 2nd floor on a new design - wont recognize the new area floor-

Ocean525

I have a new completed house design with a 2nd floor over one section. I want to add to that 2nd floor to an adjoining area with a present (lower) roof line at 90 deg. I raised the roof up to the new wall height and in 2nd fl view added the new walls but it will not recognize the 2nd floor in this area. The options in the Build New Floor do not represent what I need. How do I fix this? In camera view I can see the wall but no floor. Added stairs and stairwell function will not work-no 2nd floor comment. I'm sure it is something really simple that eludes me

I unchecked all the NO Room Def.

Also all attic walls since some were

Checked all wall connections and in the process of aligning wall it made a complete mess and deleted 1/2 of an adjoining roof, extended the height to walls on each side of the addition up into the heavens and messed up a lot of other stuff so instead of backing up I didn't save, closed plan and will start again. This will be the 4th time, Hopefully it will all work.

This time I will delete the roof and all the attic walls and start with a clean slate

Well that worked, I guess it did not like my approach to is. More work this way but it is clean. Im sure there are steps that would save me time but I am so happy with the time it saves even when I do it wrong.

Thanks for the tips and guidance

John