Can't build a roof

JDTerranora

Dear All, Any kind soul out there...

I am pretty new here.  Just bought the Home Designer Pro and spent some hours creating a floorplan.  Then, when I wanted to move to building a roof, I saw no roof planes.  If I just draw a simple rectangle on a new plan, it makes a roof.  However, on my floorplan it won't do anything.  I have played around with ceiling heights and things like that as I drew the floorplan - as I was learning and played with cameras, which could have some weird wall heights / parameters that may confuse the software.  So I selected to delete all roofs and roof planes, but when I select Auto rebuild roofs, I still see no roof planes.  I am missing something REALLY basic, dumb.  Please help.  

Thanks,

Regards

JD

Using "Auto Build Roofs" is fine for simple roof lines but for anything past that you MUST learn the manual roof tools as well. I commonly set up for Auto Roofs as a start (if any of your walls are not properly connected can cause Auto Roofs to fail. Another cause can be changing ceiling heights BEFORE building Auto Roofs (ceiling heights will modulate the plate heights of roof planes-that is fine if that is what you want but I often build roofs and only then alter ceiling heights of rooms, it just depends upon what you intend to do.

DJP