Material Definition

PKafula

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

So, for a while now, I have had trouble or perhaps challenges trying to come up with CMU Blocks as a user defined material. CMU Blocks are the main standard for building (residential) construction in my country.

Is there anyone who can precisely create or map out CMU Blocks based on the standard sizes below for me so I can import them into Home Designer Pro? I am using a trial of Home Designer Pro Version 2024. I for one do not have the experience with Home Designer and thus am here seeking help from anyone who understands the inner workings of the software to implement such.

4" CMU Full Block

6" CMU Full Block

8" CMU Full Block

10" CMU Full Block

12" CMU Full Block

The sizes above are based on this article which clearly explains as a reference point.

Thanks in advance.

6" CMU Full Block

• Solution

Home Designer comes with an 8" CMU block material. You can use that 8" CMU block material to then save-as/rename and reconfigure the default material to create new versions of that material. Those will be stored in the ".plan" file you created them in, you then should export them from that ".plan" file and then reimport them into your Library Browser for future use, so you do not have to make them over and over again.

DJP