Excessive Surface Count/Texture Size

Dave_n_Deb

I am looking for possible reasons that my Surface Count would be excessive...if when I turn off all but essential Layer Display Options.  The lowest I have been able to achieve is 1279420 Surfaces. Which is also driving my Texture Size well over 100 MB.

Any assistance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

"Surface Count" is NOT caused by associated material images. It is caused by objects in your plan file that contain too many "Three D Faces" (that is where "Face Count" comes from).

The most common cause is importing Sketch Up symbols that did not go through the Quality Control process that Home Designer symbols go through. Sure, 3D Warehouse symbols are free but often come with a "price" of too many 3D Faces, did you use any of those?

Otherwise it could come from too much detail in your .plan file, too many symbols with rounded edges. The above are more likely perpetrators than material textures.

DJP

• Upvote 1

@DavidJPotter The first suspect definitely doesn't apply, as I have used nothing from outside Home Designer Pro.  The second suspect, I don't think so, but not sure how to determine ...unless it is due to the textures (lots of stone and wood) that I am using. As far as plan design, my rooms are square/straight (walls, ceilings, cabinets, roofs, etc).

I thank you for your informational response!! I will use this information to more thoroughly investigate my issue.  First project with this program....so learning a lot as I go.

Thank you again,

Dave