multi layer for electrical

longnguyen

I use the pro version to do primarily electrical floor plans and i was wondering if there was a way to have one layout with multiple layers for objects. 

I like to keep my lighting, power and networking on there own to declutter the drawing and the way i do it now is copy and paste multiples of the same building

I assume you have Home Designer Pro? If so, Pro has no ability to create custom layers as does its big brother Chief Architect Premier. That said you "Best Friend" is called "Layer Display Options" ( see Tools - Display Options") dialog where in Floor plan and a different Display Options dialog (they all look a like) for each of the different camera types, where any named layer can be made visible or invisible at the end users' choice with in plan view or any camera type view. 

DJP

• Upvote 1

yes Im using home designer pro. The display options dialog is actually handy if i need to print off a bare floor plan. thanks for that!. i will have to resort to my old method which isn't a big deal but you say the chief arch could accommodate my needs better?

• 3 weeks later...