Automatically Generated Wall Interferes with Exterior Trim (Soffit tool) Home Designer Pro 2023

BobBailey

Go to solution Solved by BobBailey,

I am using Home Designer Pro 2023 to model my home. I am trying to add trim to the exterior walls just beneath the roof. An automatically generated wall was created in the first floor when the roof was created.  The first floor roof is in the foreground of the attached file. Note it does not extend to the second floor. Please see the red circle in the attached file. I cannot get the trim to extend to the end of the wall. I am using a soffit tool to create the trim. Has anyone had this problem? Note I am not a pro and I am having a ton of fun working with this program. Thanks.

Home Designer Pro Trim Issue.pdf

David thanks for your response. I looked at your video and I think my settings are correct. I attached a copy of the framing view of the wall in question. Note the Home Designer Pro file is too big to import into this thread. The wall is showing correctly under the soffit. Its only the trim that is not working correctly.  I used the soffit tool to create the trim. This happens where automatically created walls were created in a couple of places in the program.  Any other thoughts?

Bob

Home Designer Pro Trim Issue Framing.pdf

• Upvote 1