Strip lighting

Mangofall

Hi there, I've read thru the forums and I will ask this question now because I just upgraded to HD Pro 2024 and wondering why there isn't a strip lighting feature yet?  I'm trying to create an uplight around a recessed ceiling (like some others too) that will shine up to the "soffit" or ceiling behind a crown molding that is inverted floating against the raised part of the ceiling.  I've tried everything I can regarding puck lights (but they are visible and I can't seem to "hide" them behind the crown molding (which is how you do it in the real world) and keep them shining.  I also tried adding a light with no source, but I can't seem to get that turned on.  I see it in the 2d plan layout, but it never shows up in the 3D rendering.  Strip lighting would be so easy by just drawing a line where you want it and whether it's hidden or just light displayed would be the way to go.  Is this still not an option?

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Strip or Rope lighting does not exist in Home Designer Products presently. It does exist in Chief Architect Premier software. I called Tech Support to verify this in case I had missed it with my own research.

What one could do as a work-around is to create a custom slab with dimensions of 3/4" X 3/4" by the required length and then manually locate it and assign it "Electric Lighting White" so in camera views it appears to glow. One gets what one pays for.

DJP