how to do trim pieces on HD pro

CarrieM

I'm doing siding and wanted to know how to add trim pieces to the edges of exterior walls, and to the bottom - and distinctly color that differently than the siding - for a craftsman style look?     Also, do we have access to the James Hardie magnolia colors in any downloads?   I did a new download off the catalogs but it doesn't have those colors yet

Are you talking about corner boards? There is a default setting you can change to be what you need.

If the color isn't available in the catalog, often if you can get the color you want from a picture off of the product's website, You can import that and create the item to have that color to it. I suggest reading the reference manual on the steps to do that and about the corner trim, if that's what you need. Plus anything else you have questions on. Often going there first will save you from having to wait for someone to reply to your inquiry.

For the bottom board, often referred to as "water table, depending on geographic your region", you can change the walls to have a "wall covering", and determine the location of it. What I often do in that case is take the James Hardie trim board in Arctic white, then paint it the color I want it to be. Then when you add the board to the other walls, you can select the painted arctic white coard to be the material. Just make sure you put it on the exterior, as it defaults to interior

• Upvote 1