Molding appearing with pony/room divider walls

cfichter

I just upgraded to Architect version of Home Designer, largely to take advantage of pony walls.

I have a large living room that has a raised ceiling - but two walls extend under into kitchen and dining.

Oddly, molding seems to be by room - not by wall. So if I assign molding for the two outer walls, I see the molding in the room divider walls (open space).

Is this a bug?  Or how can I set molding correctly on walls facing exterior but not on room divider walls?  

Also wrt molding - how do you set say a 2' stone facade on exterior walls at base? Do you use molding also?  I've tried it, I have to create an exterior room with dimensions - is there a better way or do you use pony walls for all exterior to do that?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

yes molding is typical per room when you construct home as it looks "right" and you have smae types meeting at corners.

NOw with you ponly wall  do you have 2 differet baseboards on each side thente question is how to join?

Normally they would make it like a Cased opening but only up to top of wall where you would have some sort of "Stool" plate to cover top.