How to import site and building dimensions IMAGE from my city tax records

MasterRich

I have tried 2 other packages recently, SweetHome3D and LiveHome3D. They make it really easy to get started, by simply importing an image from tax records that show the walls layout and dimensions.  

Import image, set initial scale from 0, 0 (x, y) reference point, then draw walls, then duplicate 1st floor up to 2nd and 3rd floor.  DONE. 

Then start adding detail.  

The 1700-page manual is very old-school FrameMaker encyclopedia-style documentation.  Very complete, but reads more like a software menu functional specification book.  NOT user friendly to newcomers.  The tutorial book is a little better.  I spent more than 2 hours hunting on the website, videos and manuals, but don't see how to import a simple background image, use it, and then hide on a background layer or remove it.

How do I import the site plan IMAGE with building wall dimensions from my city tax records, and then trace the walls on top of the image?  

I have attached the site plan image that I will use.  

Thank you.  

Property_Site_Specs.png

• 3 weeks later...

That drawing from county will not be to scale as it is just a sketch to give you an idea of dims of house.

also when they measure house they tend to round it up.

heck you could just draw walls at lenghths they show starting at one corner and working your way around until done.

last wall might not connect to first wall due to their errors but then you can figure out how to correct.

If you want to redraw your house - measure exterior at foundation and then interior rooms.

from that you can figure out wall thickness and create a decent home plan of what you have.