Mac Question: Can cameras be locked in place? They keep moving!

SandlandCo

Since upgrading from a PC to a Mac Studio, in HDP when I'm in 3d view, when I click on an object (a cabinet for example) the camera "jumps" to a different location. Every.dang.time. :angry: Sometimes it jumps backwards (often to another room or even into the middle of a wall) and sometimes it jumps forward. It's SUPER frustrating! Is there any way to lock a camera in place so it doesn't move?

The only other issue I see since making the switch is when I open a new selection window, the slider often disappears. So if the list of selections is long, I cannot use the slider to get to the bottom of the list - cause it's not there. Not sure if these issues are related in some way, but thought I'd mention it. 

Thank you!!

System settings->Appearance->Always

Hello Beth,

Regarding your scrollbars, there is a setting on MacOS that affects the scrollbars within Home Designer. The setting is called Show Scrollbars. You’ll want to set it to Always and relaunch Home Designer. The setting is located:

MacOS Ventura:

Apple Menu->System Settings->Appearance

MacOS Monterey and earlier:

Apple Menu->System Preferences->General

Regarding your jumping camera, this sounds like unexpected behavior in the software. I would recommend reaching out to Chief Architect’s Tech Support 208-292-3399 and have them take a look.