Create Customized Ceilings?

Dynames

Hello, all!

I'm a hobbyist using HDA 2023 and I'm wondering if there's any way to customize ceilings. I know there are more options in Pro, so if these are featured there, please let me know as that would increase my likelihood of upgrading.

I'm wanting to create a curved or rounded ceiling, like a barrel vault or groin vault (see pictures, courtesy of Google as I don't have source images myself as a non-professional). If you know of a way to accomplish this, please advise or direct me to resources that can show me. I didn't see anything in the Knowledge Base and searching for the terms on the forum here didn't turn up any results. Again, if it's only feasible in Pro, please let me know that, as well!

Thank you and I appreciate your time!

Edit: I tried using valences and elongating them, but that didn't have the effect I want.

william-hefner-architecture-interiors-and-landscape-studio-william-hefner-img_e3d1c3c60d4c835c_4-9194-1-be27d7c.jpg

d9426cee401699168c286f97d8bbde60.jpg

custom-barrel-vaulted-ceiling-entry-hallway-cutter-custom-homes-img_c05196c90720eb50_4-4293-1-aabedbc.jpg

Edited by Dynames
Updated information

21 minutes ago, Dynames said:

Again, if it's only feasible in Pro, please let me know that, as well!

Doable in Chief Architect Premier with its curved ceiling and roof plane tools.

The only native way of doing curved ceilings/roofs in Home Designer is using dormers.

Depending on your exact requirements, a program like SketchUp might be used to create a symbol that you would import.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, solver said:

Doable in Chief Architect Premier with its curved ceiling and roof plane tools.

The only native way of doing curved ceilings/roofs in Home Designer is using dormers.

Depending on your exact requirements, a program like SketchUp might be used to create a symbol that you would import.

G'day! RE: Curved Roof... HDP2023... I had the notion; If you can generate a Barrel roof why not a curved roof? While playing around with simulating post & beam construction; I found you can "tweak" the backsplash tools to create a curved ceiling beam. And you can generate a curved roof by editing each 12" roof section... PS: The framing view is interesting!

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.44.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.37.33 AM.png

• Like 1