Trouble with terrain (pro 2023)

MrsSev

I am trying to create the terrain of our lot. I am not using anything but guestimates to get a feel for the feature, but I seem to be doing some thing wrong or missing something entired. And we have an odd terrain. I have our DWG file imported, but we dont have terrain calcualtions for the survey. *All decriptions are stated as if looing at our house from the street.* In essense, our lot gently slopes down from the left side. But when the lot was joined with the neighboring lot on the left so the previous owner could expand the house, they did some strange things. The slope in that area was perhaps more pronounced at the time  to begin with, but now about 15' away from the house there is a roughly 3' rise over probably a 4 to 5 ft run (most sharply in the first 2 feet or so), and then very gradually continues from there going away from the house to the edge of the lot. It is as if they carved out into that side, and then tried to give it a soft "edge" so as not to need a retaining wall. The 3' rise curves around toward the front and gradually decreases to the ground leven of the original build. It also curves around to the rear yard, increasing somewhat where they leveled an area for a putting green, then drops down somewhat sharply again as you make your way across the back of the structure, and down the back side of the putting green toward our rear property line. And finally, where the "side" and "rear" yards meet, there is a koi pond, and more slope up going widthwise toward the back corner of the lot where their tee was for the putting green. It essentially makes a "C" around the laft half of the house, gradually tapering off in the front, sharply ending in the back, and the mirrored reverse "C" is largely level.

I, being very green with this software, have played with terrain features in an effort to create this area on our survey so we can supbit it to our HOA for some landscaping design changes. But I get sharp inclines with splined, when I tried a retaining wall it faced the wrong way, valleys, hills and raised areas are too acute or entirely wrong for other reasons. How to I make our lot terrain disply any of this mishmash of slopes? that back corner tee starts just 2 feet or so from the side and rear prop lines, but is probably a good 2 to 2.5' higher than the ground at the side since they build it up like we assume they did the putting green.

I am at a loss. :(

Ah! I couldn't find it at first and had to leave! So, again, it shows no terrain, but I think you'll be able to get some spacial perspective between this and my original post. I hope this helps. I tried to "draw" where the main slope is, and note key points to help.

Screenshot (1).png

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Maybe you did not understand, or then, maybe you did.

By pictures, I intended pictures of the house and lot so someone sees in 3D what you are trying to model.

And by plan file, I intended the .plan file you are working with in Pro.

The goal being to make it easy for anyone choosing to help.

Im trying..... seriously, I used sweethome3d for 2 years. I've never used anything else. so jumping from that to pro 2023 is nuts. I didn't even get too deep into it, though I don't think it goes anywhere NEAR as far as this program, but now I've only had it for 3 or 4 days. I also am not super computer literate anymore, as 19 yrs as a stay at home mom I havent needed to be. I hope to start classes to get myself toward a career with this, I now know come computer literacy will be important to take up front. I knew how to save SweetHome files to my desktop, but am not sure how to on here, and so far I didn't see how to take it from my plan to here other than drag and drop, which it kept saying there was an error for. The videos posted are helping, and I had sort of started to figure some things out just messing with it. I will continue to look at it, and see if I can sort it out with these videos and trial and error.

Thanks