Angle options for wall placement

MrsSev

Hey all! I am brand new here. I am not a professional, and have little knowlege and experience for the time being.

My question is this... Did we just pay $600 to have the same problem as our old free software I outgrew, and still cant place walls (interior or exterior) at any angle?

We are remodeling our existing home, as well as planning landscaping to incluse hard scape.

I imported our survey DWG file, and wanted to trace the lines with exterior walls to begin creating the home as it is, not as I guess it. I started at the side with some odd angles since we need to crank out the flatscaping for outside those walls asap, and whouldn't ya know?! The end point options bounce to either side of where they actually are.

I don't yet know how to use 98% of this program. I planned to grow into it with time witht he hope that I can sort out this job to submit to our ARB. I kinda need those walls, especially when I add the door we plan to put in.

Does the "fix wall connections" tool solve this? If so, how is it used, as I have not yet stubled upon that info or lucked it into working. (I tend to learn by doing).

Thanks in advance! Hope to pay it forward and be of some help to a future newbie when I've gotten some experience under my belt!

I've watched several of the videos, not yet looked at youtube. Still tooling around and learnig the fundamentals while also trying to start something. Probably not the best approach, but what time kninda allows right now. We are so far off our timeline from, we are now trying to layout the project quickly. Ill keep looking through it all. Thanks!

David,

!!! Thank you SO SO much! I've watched just enough to sole this issue, I will watch the rest to see what else you might teach me. I will have to subscribe and see what else you have.

FYI, we baught a house in 2020 because we were bored DIYers in a house too new to rip stuff out of in good consience. I took the "for general references" floorplan on the listing and tooled around with it on multiple iterations of our daughter's crayola tracing paper until I solved the only thing preventing my husband from being willing to buy. Then I spent the last 2 years trying to reconfigure a dreadful floorplan into a functional, thoughtful, and special place. I was going nuts being limited by Sweethome3D's snapping, its 6 total angle options (there are several angles inside and outside of this house) and 1/8" limitations when I needed 1/16". My husband, the great guy he is, reseaarched this, and felt I had "graduated from the other program" "earned" a paid for software, and is a firm believer in buying full on what you'll eventually need, as he and so many others encourage me to go to school or this and make a career of it after 19 years as a stay at home mom. I LOVE playing with floorplans. I am excited about this program, and so thrilled to have a support base, that in such little time has already proven so thoughtful and helpful. You seem to have just created that video for my topic. How kind!

Emily

• Upvote 1