Having issue with cabinet overlay when removing handles

philiplaird

I am having an issue with cabinets in HD Pro 2023.

Let's start by creating a base cabinet with a drawer at the top and a door underneath.

* The style for cabinet is Standard and the Box construction is Framed with Separation of 1-1/4" and Traditional Overlay with Overlap of 1/2"

* The horizontal Separations are all set to 1-1/4" to provide a 1/4" gap

* At this point, if the door is set to be open in 3D view the overlay appears to be 1/2"

* Now let's open the cabinet Specification dialog box and select the Front panel and then select the the drawer in the Face Items

* Now click the Specify button by Appliance/Door/Drawer and in the resulting dialog box under Drawer Handle/ Style: select None

* This causes the drawer become smaller; basically the 1/2" overlay has disappeared and the drawer face is the same size as the opening!

I believe this started happening with HD Pro 2022, but I didn't notice it until I started a project with HD Pro 2023.

Has anyone else seen this issue and is it a bug or am I experiencing something strange on my system?

Cab1.jpg

Cab2.jpg

4 hours ago, philiplaird said:

I am having an issue with cabinets in HD Pro 2023.

Tip: Attaching a simple plan with a cabinet that demonstrates the problem would help others help you.

Mentioning that you have already sent to support would be nice too.

4 hours ago, solver said:

Tip: Attaching a simple plan with a cabinet that demonstrates the problem would help others help you.

Mentioning that you have already sent to support would be nice too.

Solver,

I have been using Home Designer Pro since 2012 and am an advanced user. I wasn't looking for help with building cabinets and the issue is not related to a specific plan. I really just wanted someone with HD Pro 2023 to try and reproduce this issue using my cookbook instructions. You have not even tried to help in this respect. I attached the pertinent images of the issue if you had looked at them. I have since discovered that this issue only happens when you make changes using the "Door Face Item Specification" dialog box, and only on Framed Box Construction with Traditional Overlay. Please don't bother to reply to this thread anymore unless you are willing to try and reproduce this issue. Your signature doesn't show you even have a current version of the software.

Sincerely,