separate roofs over separate rooms on the same floor.

rodneyh

Go to solution Solved by rodneyh,

I am a new HD Suite user.

I keep encountering errors when i try to create different roofs over 3 separate sections of the same house but all on the same floor.

I could not get a .jpg to attach so i am linking to a similar example from Houzz.com

http://www.houzz.com/photos/381314/River-House-beach-style-exterior-seattle

I have the three separate room's ceiling reflecting properly but don't know how to separate and step-down the roofs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rod

Getting the overall pitch, Ceiling Heights and walls all set up right is going to be the best place to start.

Can't tell without seeing what you already have so far in the plan file if you might need to fake a short floor 2 or not to get the roof just right, but this article would be good to review.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01020/

• Upvote 1

you would need to set the Room heights appropriately in each of the three areas(rooms) and setup up the Wall definitions properly for a shed roof over each room for it to generate correctly as Suite has no Manual Roof tools so you have to set it up correctly 1st then Auto Build the Roof , once you have it correct uncheck the auto build Roofs so nothing can mess it up in the future.

see images below , in pic no#1

- Red 1 walls set to full gable

- Blue2 walls set to High Shed/Gable

- Black numbers are Rough ceiling heights for this plan.

- Roof pitch was set to 4" in this plan on the Build Roof DBX 

post-25-0-44128300-1425340313_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-07638100-1425340324_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-30050400-1425340340_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Solution

you would need to set the Room heights appropriately in each of the three areas(rooms) and setup up the Wall definitions properly for a shed roof over each room for it to generate correctly as Suite has no Manual Roof tools so you have to set it up correctly 1st then Auto Build the Roof , once you have it correct uncheck the auto build Roofs so nothing can mess it up in the future.

see images below , in pic no#1

- Red 1 walls set to full gable

- Blue2 walls set to High Shed/Gable

- Black numbers are Rough ceiling heights for this plan.

- Roof pitch was set to 4" in this plan on the Build Roof DBX 

attachicon.gif3 shed Roofs3.JPG

attachicon.gif3 shed Roofs1.JPG

attachicon.gif3 shed Roofs2.JPG

Thanks for the detailed and quick response.  I will try to replicate and let you know.

• Upvote 1