Exisiting story and a half with a 2 story addition

Janetcrouch

Hello! I am trying to recreate a story and a half as built house and add a 2 story addition on the back. I need to have the gable roof perpendicular to the original roof and add a hallway to connect the original 2nd story with the new 2nd story. I'm having trouble even getting the original built where the program recognizes the 2nd story as a room. I haven't even figured out how to do the 2nd story (story and a half) addition. Help!

Janet

Home Designer Pro 2021

27 minutes ago, Janetcrouch said:

I'm having trouble even getting the original built where the program recognizes the 2nd story as a room.

When the program auto builds walls, it marks them as No Room Definition. I would check each wall surrounding the problem room, and clear this setting if it is set.

Attaching a screen capture or two is usually helpful too so we see what you see. A 3D overview using Vector View is usually best.

Thank you! I think maybe I am getting part of the issue solved. I followed directions on one tutorial where it told me to drag the exterior hip walls in towards the middle (long walls) on the second story to create the "room" upstairs. That did not work at all. I now have deleted the second floor and started over using a different tutorial. So far, I think I have solved my problem as I now am able to draw the interior walls and click on the rooms including the attic space and label them. Hopefully, now I can add the addition and the 2nd story. I will be back if this does not work. Thank you!