DIYer looking for right software

I bought and used Chief Architect in 2007 to mockup a basic layout for a major remodel.  In the end I went with a architect for the final.  But I was able to use the software to express my ideas. I sold the software shortly after I was done.  

This time round, it's a new home, just moved in and I need to do landscaping, pool and a ADU.  I'm thinking of starting small, similar to last time use it as a idea tool for a builder.  But I was also thinking of actually using it and running the projects myself.  

Question : Will this address my needs :

1. A modeling tool to get a idea of design with use of space

2. Designing the landscape

3. Designing a pool / spa

4. Designing a 700sqft ADU

My thoughts are to do as much as I can then find a professional with Chief Architect software to "fix" and "engineer" parts that i'm missing. 

What do you think?  Start with Home Designer Suite and upgrade as I need to?

Hello,

Thank you for the questions and for your interest in using Home Designer again for your projects!

Here are some thoughts in regards to your questions.

1. A modeling tool to get a idea of design with use of space - All of our Home Designer products will work well for space planning and floor plan concepts

2. Designing the landscapeStepping up to the Home Designer Architectural will give you quite a bit more landscaping options.  If landscape design is a big part of your projects, then you may consider this product or above.

3. Designing a pool / spa - All of our Home Designer products can create a custom in-ground pool.  You will have some additional options as you move up the product line for a more custom pool.

4. Designing a 700sqft ADU - If you are looking to generate construction drawings for the accessory dwelling unit, the best product would be Home Designer Pro.  If you plan to have the construction drawing completed by a professional, you can consider one of the lower products, such as Suite or Architectural.

You can definitely start at the Suite level and upgrade down the road.  You get a $100 discount off the price of the higher product (Architectural or Pro) if you already own Suite.  Here is a link to our upgrade page that shows pricing.  https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/discounts/

Feel free to reach out to your sales team with any questions at 208-292-3400 or email sales@chiefarchtiect.com

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software