Import .DWG survey Plot file for terrain

Motherslawn

25 minutes ago, Motherslawn said:

How can I import a complete plot plan, including contours?

You import the .dwg using the "File - Import - DWG command" dialog. Once imported, I recommend you move the import away from your structure and terrain plane. Then you rotate the imported dwg so it properly is orientated to your existing structure. Once that is done you can then you can sketch over the imported contour lines with HD Pro elevation objects (lines, splines) then once created you assign a value relative to the stated values, one at a time until you are finished bottom to top with in the area of your HD Pro Terrain Plane. It is a process of transference from the imported dwg as a guide that you trace over within HD Pro to eventually obtain the desired 3D product.

I do not believe such a tutorial exists just for Home Designer Pro use (only Chief Architect Premier which has many more abilities and tools than does HD Pro.)

DJP

Eric,  I updated my signature.  I hope you can see it now.  yes I have searched the help files,  but as far a terrain you can only create import using a TXT file.

DJP.  I will try what you recommend.  I was hoping for a easier answer......

Dave