Drawing Sheet Size

Mijo1069

Hello. Yes, I'm referencing Home designer Pro 21. It won't allow me to import onto a drawing sheet no bigger than what it appears to be a default of  22" x 17."  I can only import those images by reducing to 1/8" and only if the plan fits those parameters. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Mijo1069 said:

It won't allow me to import onto a drawing sheet no bigger than what it appears to be a default of  22" x 17." 

IT is a mechanical tool, IT doesn't do or keep YOU from doing anything, unless it contains pre-programmed limitations. You, currently are the only sources of any limitations.

DJP

Yes, Sir, I agree with you, and even a dummy after repeatedly watching the same videos something will be retained. Last watched, among many, Layout set ups on Designer Pro 19. I am at Pro 21. I tried something different than video and got the largest sheet, but haven't been able to duplicate. There are about 4 steps involved but keeps reverting back to 17x22. Its important since I need to fit a lot 132.50 ft long.  Thank you for trying thought. Hopefully I can manage with this $500+ program.

Edited by Mijo1069
typo

• 3 years later...

I've been having the same problem and I believe I figured it out. All the tutorials talk about setting up the drawing sheet but I was always in plan view. Go ahead and set up your drawing sheet in plan view (File> Print > drawing sheet setup). Now, starting a new step, you return to "file" and towards the top of the commands click "new layout". This should open a blank new layout page without sending over what you have in plan view ( file > New Layout). Now, in the Layout view repeat step one of setting up a drawing sheet, i.e. ( file > print > Drawing Sheet Setup). One tip, in the layout view page setup you want your drawing scale to remain the default 1" to 1", it is in the plan view drawing sheet set up that you want to setup your desired scale, example; 3/32" to 1'.

This is what finally worked for me after hours of playing with it.