Catwalk in garage

glasseuph

I'm very new to HD. I tried searching the forum for something similar to what I'm trying to do but could not find an answer.

What I'm trying to do is create an L shaped catwalk in the garage area. In the attached image, the catwalk needs to go along the back wall and along the wall that enters the house. The intent would be to have a single step from the catwalk up into the house as well.

I'm assuming for the step, I can just use the stair tool and then edit the stair profile to remove the overhang of the treed and change the material to concrete.

Thanks for you help.

post-1405-0-63789800-1419982488_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you want a 1 step raised platform ( at 1/2 the height between garage floor and house floor)    along the back and along the RH side ,is that right? 

if so in Suite you could just use the Soffit tool ( may need two for L shape) and make it 6-7" thick or as needed   and the material concrete ( if desired) with the floor to top height set to your thickness.

you could also use the Shapes in the Library eg closed box and change the size and material as needed.

M.