Rendering Software

PaulJ33

Probably been asked many times before but I'm a newbie. Suggestions on a good rendering/3D creation software that will work with Chief Architect files. Will Adobe products like Photoshop or 3Ds max, etc... be worth purchasing or do I need something more like Lumion? I need help creating a photorealistic look to my designs.

Home Designer Pro is your best bet to export 3D files to programs like Luminon and other Professional grade rendering and animation applications. Pro has the ability to export a 3D construct in a file format ( .dae) that can then be imported into most Pro Grade Applications, So, if you have Pro then it is a matter of shopping for third party rendering apps that import .dae files.

DJP

• 3 weeks later...

If you have the budget, Lumion will definitely do photorealistic still images and video using the .dae export from HD2021 Pro.
Twinmotion software has available a free trial for perpetual use on non commercial projects. It is similar to Lumion as a Real-time
3D visualization tool. You'll need a stout system with a recent graphics card of at least 8GB memory for a satisfactory experience.
Try the trial version and see if you like it, the purchase of a license is very reasonable in comparison to the alternative.

Image and video output is limited to 1920x1080 with the free version. The image attached was done with Twinmotion free trial. 
Exported a .dae model from HD Pro2021 for process in Twinmotion. 

HD2021.jpg

TM.jpg

Luminon is quite good as it is quite EXPENSIVE! One can download a free copy of Twin Motion by Epic Games to use for non commercial use and import .dae files into it for rendering. It is as good as anything now on the market but does cost your time to learn how to use and edit your outcomes using it (it does not do it for you, you must learn and control it to do anything useful) and it has rather stiff "Minimum Requirements" to properly operate and run it on a personal computer, take a look and enjoy!.

DJP