Roof Pitch option grayed out on wall dialog

Heliotrope45

Home Designer Architectural, build 19.3.0.49OSX

I am a beginner.

When I'm trying to adjust the roof pitch of a full gable wall, it is grayed out and I can't change it.

I can change the global roof pitch in the "Build Wall..." dialog, but I have different roof pitches on the different sections of my house.

To oversimplify the house design, you can picture it like a "+" shape with gables on all ends of the plus sign and the peaks meeting in the middle. Except the wings going to either side are wider and must have a lower pitch to make the peak meet up in the middle.

Thanks for any help you may give. This is just the beginning of my problems, because I then have to make angled walls, kind of like a partial octagon, on the front of my great room. I can't imagine how that will screw up the roof pitch.

7 minutes ago, Heliotrope45 said:

When I'm trying to adjust the roof pitch of a full gable wall, it is grayed out and I can't change it.

That's because there is no pitch associated with a gable wall. Pitch is set in the walls under the low point of a roof plane (where the roof plane baseline is).