20-1/8" Subfloor Height - things aren't adding up!

clbpdx

I'm at that point in my HD education where I'm trying to make sense of the relationships between Terrain Subfloor Height, Room Structure elevations and relative heights.

The default 20-1/8" above Terrain for (top of) subfloor is supposed to be the sum of:

- 6" from terrain surface to SWT, or the white object in my attached cut-section view.

- Floor structure (dimension "L" in diagram), or the 12-5/8" tall blue object in my cut-section view.

These two things add up to 18-5/8".  In my cut-section view, what happened to the missing 1-1/2" from the top of my blue object (12-5/8"), to the 20/18" from terrain to subfloor (red object)?

Hopefully I won't feel too dumb when somebody explains this to me ;-)

Thanks!

FoundationStackConfusion.thumb.png.61d0c07e18001c71068c22254bdc8f88.png

• Downvote 1

Keith,

You were right, and that makes sense with 1.5" sill being standard.  The only way I could see and confirm this was by looking at it using Framing Overview and drawing more colored cylinder shapes.  See the attached - the white cylinder is 6" from Terrain to SWT, Red is your 1.5" tall sill plate, and blue is the 12-5/8" tall floor structure on top of the sill plate that gets us up to the top of the subfloor.

Thanks much!!!

FoundationStackClarification.png