Invisible members...

Keith_K

...or maybe I am the only one logged in and it's just me who has been rendered such.  :unsure:

On the defunct Home Talk you could always see which registered members were present as well as the number of guests who were browsing the forums.  This is currently showing as:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

That's funny because I have the exact opposite problem.

Today for example when I merely open the HomeTalk

forum page it shows me as presently being logged in

even thou I haven't logged in and am not really logged

in. I can't access any of the features available when

logged in until I actually do log in. :huh: Phew! Did any

of that make sense? :wacko:

I think you only need to login once per 24hrs as long as you don't sign out , you can close your browser and comeback and it will sign your in auto-magically...<br /><br />it is showing me and one other member and 1 guest here tonite....

I think you only need to login once per 24hrs as long as you don't sign out , you can close your browser and comeback and it will sign your in auto-magically...<br /><br />it is showing me and one other member and 1 guest here tonite....

What I'm saying is that I always log out when

I'm done with a session. When I come back

it shows me as logged in when in fact I am

not. I can't see images or user profiles and

the like unless I actually do log in again.

Don't want to hijack Keith's thread. Just

some strange stuff going on.   

was trying to figure out if what is happening is on my end or the forums ,although it is happening since new forum unless I turn off emoticons in the "more reply options " box , this automatically takes you to the Full editor by the way  

using IE10 ......testing enable emoticons = off 

:)   :)  :)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I have noticed with this new forum  is that there is never as many people (now that I can see the info again) logged on or browsing as there used to be on the old forums.  Also the number of topics started per day is far less.

One of the reasons is this forum is more accurately keeps track of who is currently using the forum.  The old forum would not remove users from the list until they had been inactive for some time.

Also the old forum get hammered by spammers trying to register new accounts. Currently I just checked and there are 75 guests online most on the registration page even though registration on the forum is disabled.  I can also see the ip addresses of these users and almost all are from non-English speaking countries notorious for spamming.