mschoonmaker

Rotating floor planks

I pulled the tile (6"x36" planks) from the Manufacturer's catalog, but when I go to Doll House View, the flooring is running across my halls, instead of lengthwise. ow would one rotate the flooring please?

Home Designer Architect 2018

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below. Yes, I see you provided this info, but please do it anyway.

2) Take a look at the Knowledge Base linked below, specifically under Materials.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

This is a common problem easily solved. Each material has a dialog box where it can be edited as to size, direction, color, and angle. Each material is defined for each main camera type: Vector view= lines and colors and Standard=that shows materials across 3D faces of objects. In the case where you need the same material in two places, running two different angles then one makes a "Copy" of such a material for this purpose. Each copy can be set to run a different angle or direction provided it has a slightly different name in the plan.

Data on this can be read here: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/search/?default_tab=support&q=custom+material

DJP