scaled elevations

jmcgraw

I am trying to print a scaled 2D elevation.  I am having 2 problems.  1.  the elevation view I create using the camera shows my basement walls below grade.  how can I only view the above grade portion of the house?  2.  Is it possible to print this to scale?  It may be the version I have, Home Designer Suite 2018, but it is only giving me an option to print it as a image. 

front elevation.pdf

Solver,

As stated in my post, I am using Home Designer Suite, 2018.  It is not a trial version.

I wasn't really looking for a work around, I was wanting to see if that version is capable of printing elevations to scale, and hiding sub terrain structures.

A Flat terrain would be easy enough, I would just copy the file and edit the foundation walls to the height that I want shown.  But I probably just need to find a program that has the capabilities built in.

You would be better off with Home Designer Pro as it has more professional features for drafting and printing scaled plans than suite (Suite is for doodle-dawdlers and other amateurs). It costs more but supports more professional grade activity. I use Chief Architect Premier mainly as I am a professional designer and drafter, the tools should fit the job.

DJP

• Upvote 1