Room Specification - 'Roof Group'

Robborito

Hullo Forum.

Looking at this option under Room Specification - ' Option - Roof Group'. ( See attached image )

What might this be used for?

Is it just an arbitrary option that allows you to nominate a roof area as a group of roof plans, with same material, slope/pitch - etc.

If so, where and when can you recall this group - as a 'Roof Group'?

Does it appear in the materials listings as a group?

Apart from this perhaps - I can't see where else in my version -  HDP 2018.

I have assumed that this roof group - can be edited collectively. Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 5.12.34 pm.png

Answered From Support as follows - for those who may be interested;

"When an automatic roof is generated, the program tries to create roof planes that join together to form a single, integrated system. Different parts of the structure influence how the roof is generated over the whole.

When you need the roof planes over an area of a plan to be entirely separate from those over the rest of the structure, you can assign those areas to a non-default Roof Group. The program treats different Roof Groups as separate buildings for the purpose of automatic roof generation, preventing their roofs from influencing one another."

So, for example, if you have a house with a turret at one corner, and you don't want the roof over the turret to blend into the roof over the main house, you could put the turret room in Roof Group 1 instead of 0.

Thank you to 'Support'.