Drawing basic floor plan

CHIEFUSERSM

Where do I begin when drawing a floor plan? I've used much older version of CA for years. Easy as could be. This version is frustrating.

On Chief Architect Home Designer Suite I drew walls, doors, windows and closed walls on house. Thought that is supposed to generate floors. In dollhouse view my floors were grass. Why? On videos I don't see where that is explained. Also, those videos should be specific to which software program you own, so when viewing instruction it shouldn't include what can be done with Pro version, when mine is not that. It is confusing for video instructions to go back and forth between my version and Pro.

ChiefUserSM

They are somewhat generic for most of the programs . which camera are you using ??  there are 2 with diffrent veiws attacthed to each try the first camera closet to the left of the scrreen if you are using pro . the version and year always helps with answers ! This programs makes leaps & bounds with each version & release 

Chiefusersm, 

There are 84 videos listed for Suite. Go to the page link below and scroll down to Suite.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/

Many if not all of the videos have notifications as to which product they pertain to. 

If you are seeing grass, it sounds like the building was not closed, i.e. the outside walls did not meet somewhere.  Try making a simple box.  If the building is closed, then you should get an automatic roof by default.  No roof? Then it's not closed.