Rotate object at precise dimension or angle

Evolution

I am doing a large trace over of an existing hospital I am currently working on. I have the plan @ the correct size to start. I have already done a trace over of part of the plan and was asked to go back and do the entire plan. It took a while to get the partial correct, and now I am trying to trace over the entire pdf file. In order to get the pdf to align with the angle of my already drawn plan, I need to be able to rotate the pdf "precisely" but can't seem to find anything in the help. I did try turning off the angle snaps in the edit dialogue, but when I grab the rotate handle I can't get it to rotate the pdf at small precise degrees until I match perfectly. Any suggestions aside from starting over?

post-30-0-42330200-1400260829_thumb.jpg

I am doing a large trace over of an existing hospital I am currently working on. I have the plan @ the correct size to start. I have already done a trace over of part of the plan and was asked to go back and do the entire plan. It took a while to get the partial correct, and now I am trying to trace over the entire pdf file. In order to get the pdf to align with the angle of my already drawn plan, I need to be able to rotate the pdf "precisely" but can't seem to find anything in the help. I did try turning off the angle snaps in the edit dialogue, but when I grab the rotate handle I can't get it to rotate the pdf at small precise degrees until I match perfectly. Any suggestions aside from starting over?

Have you tried holding down the Control (Ctrl) key

while you are grabbing the rotate handle? Usually

this will let you be more precise.

Rich, the first thing I did was hold down the Ctrl key! It still won't move in small degrees. I even changed the rotate angle degree to 1 but it doesn't matter. If I enlarge the window so I can move the rotate handle slower it won't move at all until I reach a certain point then it is too far.