Sign in to follow this  
NTWoodwright

Cabinet End Panels on floor plans

Hi,

So I have set the defaults for the cabinet end panels as 3/4", but when I add them to a cabinet, they don't seem to increase the width of the cabinet or occupy 3/4" on my drawing. For example, if I have a 12" wall cabinet, and I add a right side panel using the cabinet settings, the cabinet length does not increase to 12 3\4", it remains 12". My panel defaults are 3/4" under the accessories.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

NTW

For others to better assist you please fill out your signature and post a copy of the plan.

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) What you have described is the way the program works.

If you want to see an applied panel in plan view, use a 3/4" deep cabinet.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks guys. I think I updated my signature with the required info.

Kay, so I have been you youtube, have scoured the knowledge base (to the best of my ability) and I just can't seem to find anything on it. But what you are saying is that a 3/4" panel, added to the cabinet through changing the cabinet settings, will not increase the cabinet width. Right?

I can either make the cabinet 3/4" wider, if I am adding a panel OR I can create a 3/4" wide cabinet with a panel added and all other features removed, correct?

Just want to triple check;)

While I am here, I am wondering how I can get the point to point dimensions to let me select small items like partitions and panels. I can't select them when they are 3/4".

Thanks!

Doc3.docx

You have found the Home Designer forum.

You should be posting in the Chief Architect forum. Your same username and password will work there. Make sure to fill out your signature there too, as most people are using Premier and not Interiors.