Sloped Ceilings?

SimplyNoted

Hi,

Does anyone know the procedure for creating a sloped ceiling with Home Designer Pro 2017? I'm putting together a two story plan. The first floor has 9' ceilings. The ceiling at one side of the room starts at 9' and gradually rises. By the time the ceiling reaches the other side of the room, it will be 17' high.I haven't been able to find any tutorial on how to do this.

Thanks!

if you want to have a common rafter vaulted ceiling all you need do is to remove the second floor area where the vault is to be, its ceiling in its room specification dialog and then name the clerestory area "open below" to remove its floor. on the corresponding first floor space you remove its ceiling on the first floor room specification dialog - structure tab.

If you want a scissor truss situation you draw the lower pitch of the ceiling using Custom Ceiling planes found under Roof Tools - Build menu.

DJP

• 2 years later...

Hello, I'm an interior designer using Home Designer Pro 2018.  I usually only work on one room at a time, in this case, a master bath.  So I rarely ever draw the entire floor plan of the home.    I need to do a rendering of this master bath and it has sloped ceilings - that go up to the roof, and an arched window in the gable.   The way the room is oriented, Home Designer is putting a hipped roof over the room, as if the room is an entire house.  I just need to create the sloped ceilings to a pitched roof, but cannot figure out how to do this!   and I don't have time to watch 20 more tutorial videos.....help please.  Thanks