Performance Differences - Architectural V Pro

Corona

I purchased HD Architectural recently. It is very pedestrian in it's performance for what seems very basic functions - like open an object (it takes 3-4 seconds to do that) or view a library object. My PC is fairly powerful (Windows 10, 64 bit, Quad Core i7 with 16Gb RAM).

I downloaded a trial version of Pro and it absolutely flies doing the identical tasks in the same plan.

I fully expected not to have all the functionality of Pro for the lower cost of Architectural - I get that. But I don't understand why exactly the same function would be slower in Architectural. It seems as though it is deliberately throttled back. Is that the case? Do I need to get the Pro version to get reasonable performance?

Since PC's and Mac's tend to vary relative to their OS and hardware, it is not unusual for one user's experiences to vary from others. Though I have all Home Designer titles and versions on my PC, I rarely use anything buy Chief Premier X7 and X8 except to work with others or to make video tutorials. The owner's maintenance of or the lack thereof of their computer is another wild variable and their competence level also can be quite variable. 

Were I you, if interested, I would call Chief Architect Inc Tech Support and see if they have any useful advice about your slowness, it may be a setting or condition native to your machine or its installed software.

DJP

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I understand your point DJP but my situation is a single user and a single machine and a single plan. The only variable is the software.

I have both Architectural 2016 (full) and Pro 2017 (trial) loaded. I can start them both and open the same plan (a copy of it in one), switch between windows and do the same task. As an example I open an object in Architectural is takes 3-4 seconds. In Pro it is instant. All of my HD settings are default.  I can't put the difference down to to machine config. I will try contacting the support team for their views.