Sign in to follow this  
RollingStone

Print elevations to scale

I created a front elevation and it's not to the scale shown on the drawing sheet schedule which is 1'=1/8".  Why is this?  How can I print an elevation to scale?

you will need to explain a bit more your process of getting to that point , best way is usually to send to layout in Pro at 1/8" then Print from there. 

M.

I used 3D->Create Orthographic View->Cross Section/Elevation then Print Image.  On Send to Layout - there's only Current Screen as Image.  The scale fit options are grayed out.  Is there a simple way to do this?  Elevations are standard on any plan set so I expected I could easily get this printed to scale.

I found "Vector View".  When I select the scale option and send to layout it's much smaller than the 1/8 scale.  Maybe I have the paper size set wrong or something?

post-3468-0-58857200-1438637634_thumb.jpg

Images are never to scale 

and Kat is right you need to be in Vector View not Standard view , see the Pics below but I think to need to refer to the Reference Manual as switching views is pretty basic but under Defaults>Camera>General Camera you can also set the normal default View for Ortho or Perspective to be Vector.

post-25-0-36649600-1438638478_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-41679000-1438638495_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-98693500-1438638521_thumb.jpg

it always helpful to post pics of your efforts or pics of the DBX settings etc .....just saying something is too small doesn't really help us or you....but I normally send Elevs. at 1/4" unless the House is really big, try it just resend at 1/4 " after deleting the layout box with the 1/8th version.

M.