Sign in to follow this  
joeflyer

How to move entire house on plan

I am trying to move the footprint of a mostly complete house plan to another position within the terrain perimeter. I have tried pulling a polyline tool around the entire structure which causes it to highlight the whole house but cannot find any move or rotate handles. I tried deleting the foundation and roof temporarily but still can't move the entire structure. Is there a simple way to accomplish this. I seem to remember seeing it demonstrated in one of the online video tutorials but can't remember which one it might have been in.

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left.

Edit>Edit Area>Edit Area (All Floors)

Marquee around the structure, drag where wanted.

Whatever you have YOU NEVER MOVE OR ROTATE THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you do is to carefully rotate and move the terrain plane, its features and elevation objects relative to the house (the house stays put, always).

DJP

PS: you can move the house but I do not recommend this kind of thing, you never rotate it, not ever, not no how.

Use Shift Select / Marquee Select  (Ref.Manual)  not the Polyline Tool when using the EDIT >all Floors  command.....

But usually it is better to move or rotate the Terrain