Can I Scale the Entire Plan Larger?

ScottR

I drew a plan on graph paper as a fast way to start my plan.  I then imported the image into Home Designer and laid down all the walls over the picture.  I thought I had done it to scale but I made a mistake and my entire plan is 20% smaller than it should be.  All my dimensions are 80% of the desired length/width.

Is there a way to simply scale up the entire plan without drawing it again from scratch?

David,

Thank you so much for replying.  I must not have be clear with my question.  Your tutorial showed how to scale the drawing, but that is not my challenge.  I already scaled the drawing to what I thought was the right size.  I then drew all the exterior and interior walls over the top of the drawing, creating the house.  I then deleted the drawing.  It was then that I realized I did not scale the drawing big enough.  The entire thing is 20% smaller than it should be.  For instance, a wall that should be 10 feet is only 8 feet.  The entire house is 20% smaller than it should be.  I'm wanting to just "grab" a corner and expand every ingredient (or something like that) to make it the right size.  Is this possible?

make a copy of your plan (save as)  then go around the Exterior walls in a clockwise direction and adjust the wall dimensions as needed , the interior walls should be dragged along as needed , may not be perfect but there is no magic button for "make me 20% bigger"   AFAIK.

you may need to rebuild Roofs and the foundation if that isn't automatic in your version.

M.

• Upvote 1

There is a video that shows you how to place a picture of a plan and draw your plan next to it but I cannot remember what it was called. Try searching the knowledge base for tracing. I do not think we can trace in this HD products but I am sure that is what I used as my search word when I was looking. I will have a search now and come back here if I can find it for you.

However the other thing you can do is re-size each wall. Start with the outside walls and be sure to click on the direction icon before tapping the enter key. See photo of the size icons arrows. 

It is best to save your plan with another name before learning about these arrows and the way they change your walls.  I found they can change other wall positions if you click the wrong arrow. I also found it best to change the external walls as I draw them, one at a time.  When you have the entire plan drawn all kinds of things happen as you are changing the sizes.

post-620-0-19278300-1431377537_thumb.png

There is a video that shows you how to place a picture of a plan and draw your plan next to it but I cannot remember what it was called. Try searching the knowledge base for tracing. I do not think we can trace in this HD products but I am sure that is what I used as my search word when I was looking. I will have a search now and come back here if I can find it for you.

However the other thing you can do is re-size each wall. Start with the outside walls and be sure to click on the direction icon before tapping the enter key. See photo of the size icons arrows. 

It is best to save your plan with another name before learning about these arrows and the way they change your walls.  I found they can change other wall positions if you click the wrong arrow. I also found it best to change the external walls as I draw them, one at a time.  When you have the entire plan drawn all kinds of things happen as you are changing the sizes.

post-620-0-19278300-1431377537_thumb.png

• 2 months later...