Creating Rafters

JayWebb

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I am running Home Designer PRO 2025 on an IBM ASUS laptop.

I am trying to create rafters as seen in the attached image. I am not using a room or room specs. I have created the posts, joists, roof planes and connecting ties to posts. I want to create general framing rafters but I cannot rotate them to be on an angle like in a generally created room. In designing homes, I can rotate items either horizontally or vertically, but general framing doesn't have the ability to rotate up or down just right or left. I do not need to create a room as this is a submission to county inspectors for approval of the Gazebo on the property.

Thanks again for any replies.

Jay Webb

Screenshot 2024-07-21 095720.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-21 095731.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-21 095857.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-21 095927.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-21 095953.jpg

On 7/21/2024 at 7:03 AM, JayWebb said:

I do not need to create a room as this is a submission to county inspectors for approval of the Gazebo on the property.

Would encourage you to not think of a room as an actual room but rather as a tool to generate a mesh that looks like you need it to. A room couldve automatically generated a lot of the features you have shown here automatically. Your roof rafters are inside of your roof plane in the structure of the roof plane. You would need to implement one of the available methods for turning off the soffits to expose the rafters inside of that structure

On 7/22/2024 at 3:16 PM, Renerabbitt said:

Would encourage you to not think of a room as an actual room but rather as a tool to generate a mesh that looks like you need it to. A room couldve automatically generated a lot of the features you have shown here automatically. Your roof rafters are inside of your roof plane in the structure of the roof plane. You would need to implement one of the available methods for turning off the soffits to expose the rafters inside of that structure

Thank you for responding. I did try to create the room first, but when I selected "Deck" as the room specification, the rafters disappeared from the 3D view. When I select "Favmily" for the room spec, it gives me normal foundations and the wrong joist structure. Even when I changed the "Family" room walls to Railing, the foundation wasn't changed. I even tried to copy the rafters from the room I had created to the roof planes of the Deck, but PRO 2025 will not allow the paste to the roof plains. But, all is good, I worked it all out and have been approved by the planning commission to build the structure.

Again, thanks for responding.