Help with roofs

Hi guys! 

I am having trouble with roofs, this is what I always have had difficulty with in the past with these types of programs I know it is me not the software. Can you please give me some help I am going nuts. I started a new plan and then ran into another roof issue, yikes! 

I wanted to make the roof straight across on this first plan, after adding a garage on the end of the home for the client. But I could not for the life of me figure out why it will not make it straight. Then I made another plan, scratching the first one, and I can't get the gables to show up as full gable ends on the garage and left side of the house. Please help! Thank you in advance!1769659304_Screenshot2024-02-13at12_13_06PM.thumb.png.e7da2397c83e2f2702a6599ccfa88a15.png1378332379_Screenshot2024-02-14at9_59_31AM.thumb.png.e71a471c65db7e87265d0b90ff8fd1a9.png

We need to know what software you are using, a picture or sketch of what you wish the roof to look like and ideally a copy of your .plan file.

A rule of thumb for roof geometry is and it  is locked to the geometry of your floor plan and its ceiling heights.

DJP

Thank you guys for reaching back out. 

I am using the latest Home Architect Pro 2024. I was very excited to hear from DJP...he posted a lot on topics I read before I purchased this software last month! (I tried to upload you guys the plan file but it is 14.1mb) 

I do apologize for putting this in the wrong location. 

YGMN, I want both:) On the first image I was wanting one ridge, on the second, I was wanting gables as I had the ridge already figured correctly. But I don't know why it works on one and not the other. I figured as DJP had mentioned that it had to do with wall hight. When I manually changed the wall hight on the first, I still could never get the roof to do what "it is supposed to" so that is why I started over and added the garage to the footprint from the beginning. However, when I got the roof on, I could not simply change the gable ends on the two places I needed a full gable wall, as I was able to do in the first drawing. It is blowing my mind. Thanks again for your guidance. I am going to try and fuss with it again today, it is due tomorrow